Following up this week’s discussions of breaking news coverage, here are related links:
- My 2008 blog post about coverage of the Denver plane crash.
- My 2010 post about coverage of the domestic terrorist attack in Austin.
- My 2012 post about the Denver Post’s use of Twitter in coverage of the theater shooting.
- My 2015 post about the troll who fooled some media covering the San Bernardino shooting.
- My post on verifying information found on Twitter.
- A post discussing coverage of the Norfolk bank robbery (and other stuff).
I’m working on a general post on breaking news coverage, which will go up on my blog over the break. I’ll add a link here when I post it.
Here are Brian’s links to the stories he discussed:
Below is a link to a pdf of an early edition clip of the plane crash story (I was wrong about the dog; it was two cats in the plane). Some of the details I mentioned in class came in later editions.